Staff are welcome to bring their families with them to Orlando, but please keep in mind that certain rules and restrictions will apply toward what is reimbursable and what is not in accordance with IRS regulations and accounting guidelines.
If you plan to bring your family along, here's what you need to know:
All staff working 30 hours or more (with the exception of Link Staff serving overseas) are required to attend Staff Conference 20 (SC20).
Part-time staff, provisional appointees, volunteers, spouses, prospective staff, and other appropriate guests are welcome to attend as official participants (see Attendance & Pay Policies
for more information).
The SC20 Team is glad to provide childcare for children ages three and under so that parents can participate in the conference without being worried or distracted by the needs of their children.
Due to the size of the event, we can only provide meals for officially registered adults who are paying the full $1,105 cost of the conference.
We are looking for non-staff spouses to volunteer as Childcare Workers, Conference Office staff, and in a few other roles onsite. If your spouse is interested in working at SC20 and can work at least six hours per day in exchange for having his or her SC20 conference costs covered, please email email@example.com
Costs at SC20
Spouses, Adult Family Members, Care-Givers
- Children 3 and under:
- Childcare will be offered to parents with children ages three and under. These expenses will be reported as taxable income.
- There will be no costs for housing and meals.
- All travel expenses for children are not reimbursable business expenses and must be covered out of pocket.
- Children 4 and older:
- Children over the age of three are discouraged from attending SC20. If you find that it is not feasible to procure another option for childcare while you are away, an exception can be made.
- You will be responsible for all housing, on-site meals, and transportation. These expenses are not reimbursable and must be covered out of pocket.
- Children over the age of four will not be permitted in the conference sessions or meal functions.